Who We Are
The International Society of Chief Data Officers (ISCDO) is the professional society of individuals who serve the role of the Chief Data Officers (CDOs) for their organizations. Chartered in the State of Massachusetts, United States of America, as a not-for-profit organization in 2015, the Society is affiliated with the MIT Chief Data Officer and Information Quality Program and the MIT Sloan School of Management, with the guidance of the ISCDO Board of Advisors. ISCDO serves as a vendor-neutral, peer-advisory resource for all members, as a society of CDOs, by CDOs, for CDOs.
ISCDO members are the senior-most leaders of data and analytics in their respective organization. While some carry the title of Chief Data Officer (CDO), others are “de facto CDOs,” sporting an array of titles including: Analytics, Innovation, Customer Insights, Digital or other related roles. Our members span all global geographies and industries, including public and private sectors. Members represent themselves, and are independent of their organizations.
Enable enterprises to derive the maximum value from its information and data assets, to realize the value of data-driven decision making, and to gain competitive advantage through high-quality information.
Support and empower CDOs and others charged with leading enterprise strategy, governance, and management of information and data assets.
- Bring together CDOs to share their experiences and give back to their communities through collaboration with their peers.
- Provide a venue for CDOs to network with their peers.
- Develop and promote education and training to help CDOs to improve their knowledge and skills.
- Cultivate an environment that encourages the free exchange of information between CDOs across multiple industries
- Help CDOs strengthen their organizations by improving the quality, use, and interoperability of data and information